Produced by: Taybele Piven, Director of Latin American Operations for WDM Group
The restaurant industry DIMENSION IN MEXICO
According to the National Statistics Institute (INEGI)
There are 428,000 restaurants in Mexico.
• We generate more than one and half million direct jobs, 3 and a half million indirectly. In all, 5 million formal jobs
• 55 percent of workers in the industry are women
• Our annual sales are nearly 200 billion pesos.
• represent 1.5% of GDP and 15% of GDP Tourist
• 96% of records are SMEs restaurants.
CANIRAC represents all restaurants in the country and gives its direct members, the following benefits:
• Incorporation to the Mexican Business Information System (SIEM)
• Free Fire Insurance and Casualty Insurance
• Legal help
• Nutritional Information
• REDSTAURANTES (electronic invoices, order online, reservations, personal control, electronic files ...)
• Project management of general interest for the restaurant industry
• Communication Services
• Trade shows, exhibitions and gastronomic
• Financing Options
Lines of Action 2012 CANIRAC
1. - To increase the representativeness of the CANIRAC
2. - Dignify the Mexican restaurant industry and endorse the values identified as suitable: Sustainability, Legality, Modernization, Organization, Professionalism, Service, Performance, Honesty, and Transparency.
3. - Accredit CANIRAC to Mexican society as solid trade organization, participatory, recognized, transparent and influential.
4 - Give dimension to the potential of the Mexican restaurant industry,
5 - Reverse the drop that happened in the restaurant industry in 2009, achieving average growth rates of 7% annually.
6. - Promoting compliance of current legal framework, under the slogan of "ZERO TOLERANCE to ILLEGALity".
7 - Maximize sectored public programs of economic development.
8 - Establish sufficient and reasonable funding sources to the industry .
9. - Maximize participation and the impact of the restaurant industry in the national tourism industry.